The countryside is in our roots and apart from attending University in cities where Jen studied Marketing and Management and Andy studied Agriculture, Land and Farm Management and later Rural Surveying, the countryside is our home!
We moved to Cumbria in 2012, where we still live and work, it provides an excellent base for us to cover the North of England and Southern Scotland.
We have both spent nearly twenty years working in our respective fields, in that time we have worked for regional, national and international companies from the ground up to a senior level. Jen has always worked in Marketing, Business Development and Events related roles and Andy in Rural Business, Farm and Property Consultancy.
Priority number one for us is enjoying our work, making a difference for who we work with and building long-term working relationships. We want to share the experience we have gained to help others with their business journeys. We want to see the great ideas people have turn from concepts and plans through to fruition and into successful and profitable rural businesses.
So why did we set up our own business? We are passionate about rural businesses and we know that it is often difficult to find the support needed within the rural economy. We thought if we could make both rural business support and marketing services more readily available to rural businesses in the North of England we could help make the Northern rural economy thrive.
What can we offer you?
We have worked with a vast range of rural business owners and have been an integral part of their business success. We have:
- secured seed funding through grants and also from banks and secondary lenders
- assisted with business planning, structuring of the business, operational aspects and project delivery
- provided business plans, budgets, cashflow projections
- helped secure premises and organised legal opinion on leases and contracts of sale
- provided tailored business development and marketing plans and strategies
- ensured our clients businesses have a digital presence through engaging websites and social media, and strategies to maintain online presence
- provided training and mentoring tailored to clients’ needs to ensure they are comfortable with operating their business.
We have a wealth of business contacts who we can call upon to help you with specialist advice and support as and when required. If you feel we could be of assistance to you, please do get in touch for a chat and we can get to know you and your business a little bit better!